Do you know How to Check NIN Number on your phone? If No, worry no more. Stay on this page to learn how to check your NIN number with your phone using the USSD code.
But before we proceed, let’s learn a little about National Identity Numbers.
The National Identity Number (NIN) is a unique identification number assigned to individuals in Nigeria. It is issued by the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC). The agency is responsible for the management of national identity in Nigeria.
The NIN serves as a means of identifying individuals and helps to establish their true identity. It is an important requirement for various transactions and services in Nigeria, including opening bank accounts, obtaining a driver’s license, registering for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), and participating in the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS). It is also one of the requirements in most Nigerian job recruitment.
It is important to keep the NIN Number confidential and secure as it serves as a personal identifier and proof of identity in various official transactions and interactions in Nigeria.
How to Check NIN Number Using USSD code?
How to Check NIN Number – Do you have your NIN slip but can’t remember where you misplaced it? Don’t worry We will give a simple guide on how you can retrieve it with your mobile phone.
To retrieve your NIN number, dial *346# on your phone using the same phone number you used to register. After dialing *346# options will be displayed. Choose “NIN Retrieval” by typing “1”. Follow the instructions on the screen. This code can be used across all networks in Nigeria.
Please note that a service charge of N20 will be deducted from your balance.
How to Check NIN Number Without a Phone Number?
It is very possible to retrieve your NIN number without a phone number especially if you have misplaced your phone number or you don’t have access to it anymore.
Follow the steps below to retrieve your NIN without your phone number.
- Visit NIMC official site – Click here
- Click the “NIN Retrieval Portal”
- Click on “Forgot Mobile Number?”
- Type in your personal details
- Click on “Submit”
If you are not able to retrieve your NIN number through this method, you will have to visit a nearby NIMC enrollment center to retrieve it.
How to Check NIN Details Online?
Unluckily there is no direct way How to Check NIN Numbers online. But you can check other NIN details online provided you already have your NIN number.
Follow the steps below to check your details online.
- Download and install the “NIMC MobileID” app on your phone
- Open the app after installation
- Type in your 11-digit NIN number and the phone number you used in registering it.
- An OTP will be sent for you to verify that you are the proper owner.
- You will be redirected to the official home page.
- Click on the three-dot on the top right corner of the page to copy your “UserID”
- Click on “Get Security Pin” and copy the OTP there.
- If you are ready to print your NIN slip, Click on “Print NIN SLIP” and type in your user ID and OTP to open the “Print NIN Slip” page.
- Choose which of the slip you want to print. (ie Standard Slip or Premium Slip). The premium slip cost N1000 while the standard slip cost N400.
- Make a payment online through Remita.
How to Recover NIN Slip?
Have you lost your NIN slip and are wondering how to get another one? If yes, I Have the answer for you.
All you need to do is to pay the some of N500 via Remita at any bank closer to you. Take the teller receipt to any of the NIMC centers around you and ask for a new NIN slip to be printed for you.
For more information about How to Check your NIN Number on your phone visit the NIMC portal.