Jamb result for 2023 is officially out. This page contains all the information and guidelines you need to check your Jamb result. If you are one of those who wrote Jamb in 2023, then this page is for you.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a Nigerian regulatory body responsible for organizing and conducting the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
It was established in 1978 with its primary objective to streamline the admission process into tertiary institutions across Nigeria.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination is a critical milestone for millions of Nigerian students seeking admission into tertiary institutions. Every year, the release of the JAMB result sparks excitement and anxiety among candidates and their families.
Jamb Result 2023 is Out
If you have been wondering if Jamb results for 2023 is out, then the answer is yes. The results have been released.
Note: Not all results are released at the same time, so if yours is not yet out do not panic. Check back later.
How to Check Jamb Result for 2023
There are two ways in which you can check your Jamb result.
Checking your result via Online
Follow the guidelines below to check your result successfully online.
- Visit the official JAMB result-checking portal
- Provide your JAMB registration number.
- Click on “Check My Result”.
- View and print your result.
Checking your result via SMS.
- Use the phone number you used for registration to Send UTMERESULT (type it without spaces) to 55019 or 66019 via sms.
- SMS charge of 50 naira
- Wait for a few minutes, the result will be sent to you.
How to Check Jamb Admission Status
- Go to the official JAMB website – Click Here.
- On the JAMB website, locate and click on the “Check Admission Status” or “CAPS” tab. This will take you to the JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) portal.
- Log in using your JAMB registration number and the password you created during registration. If you cannot remember your password, there is an option to reset it.
- Check Admission Status. After logging in, you will be redirected to your JAMB CAPS dashboard. Look for the “Admission Status” tab or similar options and click on it to view your admission status.
- If you have been offered admission, you will see the details of the institution and the course you have been admitted to. But you have to either accept or reject the admission.
- If you accept the admission, follow the instructions provided on the portal for the next steps to complete the admission process. This may include printing admission letters, making payments, or other necessary actions.
Note: Candidates are frequently concerned and frightened when results aren’t published on schedule because this can happen. Therefore, if your result has not been released yet, don’t worry; Jamb will do so shortly. You will have to check again later.
How Jamb Score is Calculated
I know one of the things Jamb candidates are always curious to know is how Jamb score is been calculated. Don’t just worry I will break it down for you to understand.
Jamb’s total score is 400 and each of the UTME subjects you register for is 100 marks.
For instance, your UTME subject combination is English, Chemistry, Physics, and Biology.
English has 60 questions: If you scored 50, it will be calculated like this 50/60 x100 = 83
Chemistry has 40 questions. Each question carries 2.5 marks. So if you scored 20 it will be calculated as 20 x 2.5 =50
Physics has 40 questions Each question carries 2.5 marks. So if you scored 20 it will be calculated as 20×2.5 =50
Biology has 40 questions: Each question carries 2.5 marks so if you scored 20 it will be calculated as 20×2.5 = 50
Your total score will be 83+50+50+50 = 233 over 400.