Nigeria Customs Ranks, Salary Structure, and Allowances 2023: We’ve provided information on the salary and allowances for various positions in the Nigeria Customs Service. It includes details such as the custom salary for graduates, the lowest rank in the Nigeria Customs Service, and other information.
The salary structure of the Nigerian Customs Service is comparable to that of the police and immigration forces in Nigeria. This is because both utilize the Consolidated Paramilitary Salary Structure (CONPASS) as their pay scale.
Are you interested in joining the Nigerian Customs Service? This guide contains comprehensive information about the compensation structure, ranks, history, and eligibility requirements for potential candidates.
- Nigerian Immigration Salary, Ranks and Training Allowance
- Nigeria Police Ranks and Salary 2023
- EFCC Salary Structure, Training Allowances and Ranks
- NDLEA Salary Structure, Allowance & Ranks
- FRSC Screening Date
List of Nigerian Customs Service Ranks
The pay scale in the Nigerian Customs Service is determined by rank and years of service. Hence, it is crucial for aspiring candidates to familiarize themselves with the various ranks within the organization.
The Comptroller General heads each of the six departments in the Nigerian Customs Service, overseeing the organization’s operations and decision-making process. The departments are as follows:
- Excise and Industrial Incentives
- Technical Services
- Enforcement and Drugs
- Investigation and Inspection
- Finance, Administration, and Tariff and Trade
- Economic Relating Research and Planning
Each department is led by a Deputy Comptroller General who serves as the second-in-command to the Comptroller General. Furthermore, each Deputy Comptroller is supported by at least two Assistant Comptrollers General, responsible for overseeing various divisions within the department.
Below is the list of Nigerian Customs Service Ranks in ascending order (from the lowest to highest):
- Customs Assistant
- Assistant Inspector of Customs
- Inspector of Customs
- Assistant Superintendent of Customs II
- Assistant Superintendent of Customs I
- Deputy Superintendent Customs Officer
- Chief Superintendent Customs Officer
- Assistant Comptroller
- Deputy Comptroller
- Assistant Comptroller-Generals
- Deputy Comptroller-Generals
Nigeria Customs Salary Structure
The Nigerian Customs Service pays its employees based on their rank and experience. The salary for customs officials is determined accordingly.
Previously, the lowest-paid customs officer earned N27,779 before the standard minimum wage was raised, and they received certain allowances amounting to N4000. The average monthly wage for a customs employee in Nigeria is N75,000, excluding other allowances earned.
Nigeria Customs Ranks, Salary Structure
The following are the annual salaries earned by customs officers based on their ranks within the Nigerian Customs Service Salary Structure:
- Comptroller General: ₦2,870,000 – ₦2,500,000
- Deputy Comptroller General: ₦2,570,000 – ₦2,480,000
- Assistant Comptroller General: ₦2,470,000 – ₦2,280,000
- Comptrollers: ₦2,070,000 – ₦1,880,000
- Deputy Comptrollers: ₦1,770,000 – ₦1,580,000
- Assistant Comptrollers: ₦1,570,000 – ₦1,480,000
- Chief Superintendent Customs Officer: ₦1,370,000 – ₦1,280,000
- Deputy Superintendent Customs Officer: ₦1,270,000 – ₦1,180,000
- Assistant Superintendent of Customs I & II: ₦1,070,000 – ₦980,000
- Inspector of Customs: ₦970,000 – ₦880,000
- Assistant Inspector of Customs: ₦870,000 – ₦780,000
- Customs Assistant: ₦770,000 – ₦680,000
Customs officers in Nigeria are entitled to various benefits, some specific to their roles while others are more universal. The list of allowances enjoyed by customs officers includes:
- General Services Allowance
- Hazard Allowance
- Utility Allowance
- Detective Allowance
- Uniform Maintenance Allowance
- Furniture Allowance
- House Maintenance Allowance
- Personal Servant
- Torchlight Allowance
- Hardiness Allowance
- Plain-Cloth Allowance
For further information, you can visit the official website of the Nigerian Customs Service or bookmark this page for future reference on Nigeria Customs Ranks, Salary Structure, and Allowances.