Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment 2023 has commenced. Get to know the necessary information about the recruitment, its requirements, and a step-by-step guide on how to apply on this page
The application process for the Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) and Short Service Commission (SSC) can be accessed through the website. In this article, we provide essential information about the requirements and guidelines to apply successfully without any obstacles.
Eligible Nigerian citizens are invited to apply for a commission into the Nigerian Army (NA) as Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) officers.
The DSSC is open to both civilians and serving military personnel. This article aims to provide comprehensive information about the Nigerian Army DSSC & SSC recruitment process, qualifications, requirements, application procedure, and other related information you may need to know.
The Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) is open to graduates with degrees and certificates. If you are a graduate seeking employment or have aspirations of joining the Nigerian Army, this is the opportunity you have been waiting for. Read on to find out more details.
- Federal Fire Service Recruitment
- Federal Government Recruitment
- NNPC Recruitment
- NDLEA Recruitment
- NERC Recruitment
- NASIMS Portal Login
General Requirements for Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment
Interested applicants must meet the following conditions before applying for the Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment:
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizens.
- Must be physically, mentally, and medically fit.
- Must not have any tattoos or body inscriptions.
- Must not have the following abnormalities: bowlegs, body scars, speech impediment, bent knees, knock knees, defective eyesight or squint eyes, deformed hand, protruding navel, gross malformation of teeth, amputation of any body part, tattoos, flat feet.
- Height requirements: Female candidates must not be less than 1.62 meters, while male candidates must not be less than 1.68 meters.
- Interested applicants must provide contact addresses and telephone numbers of parents/guardians and next of kin.
- Age requirements: Candidates must be between 22 and 30 years of age, while medical consultants should not be more than 40 years old.
- Possess a minimum of 4 credits in no more than two sittings in WASSCE, NECO, GCE, or NABTEB.
- Valid means of identification such as a National Identity Card, International passport, or Voters Card.
- Candidates must submit a letter of attestation from their former institutions.
- Birth Certificate or Age Declaration.
- Good knowledge of computer applications will be an added advantage.
- BSC, HND, NCE, or certificate.
- Applicants must be single.
- Recent passport photograph.
- NYSC Certificate or NYSC Letter of Exemption.
- Possess a valid certificate of state of origin duly signed by the local government authorities.
- Must be free from any disciplinary case and should not have been convicted by any court of law.
How to Apply for Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment
Follow the steps and guidelines outlined below for a successful application:
- Go to the official recruitment portal and select the DSSC option.
- You will be directed to a page where you can read the qualification criteria for the ongoing DSSC courses.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button for the DSSC based on your qualifications.
- You will be prompted to select if you are currently serving or have served in the Armed Forces of Nigeria. Choose the appropriate option and proceed.
- If you do not have an account, click on “Sign Up” (verification will be sent to your email) or enter your login details and log in.
- Fill out the form and ensure all required documents listed below are uploaded: Passport photograph, educational certificates, evidence of membership of any professional body, certificate of state of origin, birth certificate, or age declaration.
- Note that the qualification selections available are dependent on the preferred corps selected.
Important Note: Applicants must print out their online generated photo-slip upon completion of their application. The first page is to be signed by the Registrar of any Court of Law, while the second page is to be signed by the applicant’s Local Government Chairman/Secretary or any military officer of the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or above, who hails from the applicant’s state of origin.
Successful applicants will be required to take a written examination at selected examination centers chosen by applicants or assigned as appropriate. They will also need to present their printed photo-slips at the Examination Centers and subsequently to the Selection Board during the interview.
- Multiple online applications will result in disqualification.
- The application form for the Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC recruitment is free. Do not pay anyone who claims to help you be among the shortlisted candidates.
We regularly publish the latest news regarding ongoing recruitment processes. To stay updated, please visit this website frequently.