NYIF Application Portal is currently open for interested applicants to apply. We have provided a proper guide on how you can apply for Nigerian Youth Investment Fund 2023.
Before we talk about the NYIF application, let us know what NYIF is all about.
The Nigerian Youth Investment Fund (NYIF) is an initiative of the Nigerian government with the aim of empowering Nigerian youth. It also provides financial support to young entrepreneurs and enterprises. The NYIF provides loans, training, and other resources to help young Nigerians start or expand their businesses.
NYIF Application Portal
The Nigerian Youth Investment Fund (NYIF) was officially launched by the Federal Government in October 2020 with the objective of providing substantial support to young individuals with creative ideas and skills. The program’s aim is to empower the youth by giving grants to successful applicants.
The Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development is the sponsor of this program, and it is financially backed by the Central Bank of Nigeria and NIRAL Microfinance Bank. These institutions play a crucial role in disbursing funds to successful candidates.
The primary goal of the program is to encourage interested youth to enroll in the program. It is expected that thousands of youth can be successfully recruited each year. Let’s take a look at NYIF eligibility criteria.
NYIF Application Eligibility Requirement
Before you can apply you must meet the following requirement.
- You must be a Nigerian by birth
- You must be at least 18 years
- You must have a verified BVN
- You must have a valid National Identity card
- Your business must be running
- You should have a business plan
- You need to get a Signed FMYSD training certificate
Who is not Eligible for NYIF Application
- If you have benefited from any government loan or grant. It is advised that you should not apply.
- If you are not a Nigerian or you do not have any valid document to prove that you are a Nigerian.
- If you have benefited from any government investment program like the NMFB loads and Agribusiness/small and medium enterprises investment scheme (AGSMEIS).
- If you were involved in a crime in the last 10 years, you will be disqualified.
How to apply on NYIF Application Portal
We provide a complete guide on how you can register on the NYIF portal.
To register for NYIF visit the NYIF application portal and click on register
Currently, the NYIF portal is closed. You will have to wait till the portal is reopened.
How do I Check my NYIF Loan Status?
The steps below should be followed by the applicant that has finished his/her entrepreneurship training to know their NYIF Status.
- Visit the NYIF Portal –
- Enter your username and password to log in
- Click on “Check Loan Status”
- Your status will pop up in a dialogue window.
How Much Loan can One Borrow from NYIF?
The Nigerian Youth Investment Fund (NYIF) offers a highly promising funding opportunity. It’s important to highlight that eligible individuals can access substantial financial support of N250,000 to N50,000,000. Moreover, this funding comes with a single-digit interest rate, specifically set at 5%. This means that only 5% of the received funds will be repaid as interest.
The NYIF loan program has a duration of 5 years, allowing beneficiaries ample time to utilize the funds effectively. Additionally, the evaluation conducted by the NMFB (NIRAL Microfinance Bank) will determine the maximum 12-month suspension period for each recipient.
Furthermore, the structure and nature of the beneficiaries’ businesses will also be taken into consideration during the evaluation process.
Note: NYIF application is free but the portal is not yet opened. Bookmark this page to get inform when the portal is open for 2023 registration.
We have given you most of the vital information about the NYIF application portal and we hope you have learned a lot from this page.